What We Do
Prostar Capital acquires businesses that are located in strategic trading and logistics hubs and are well-positioned to serve the growth in energy demand globally. Our portfolio includes gathering, processing, storage, transmission and distribution assets.
Since 2012, we have been investing in attractive mid-sized companies with enterprise valuations <$1 billion, generating predictable and stable cashflows. We concentrate on opportunities created by the dramatic shifts in supply, demand and trading patterns that are reshaping the global energy market.
Prostar identifies opportunities in the midstream energy infrastructure sector globally by using a strict set of criteria that an asset must meet.
Our investment strategy is designed to create value by:
- Acquiring strategically located assets in key hubs that form critical links in the energy supply chain and account for the majority of global trade
- Leveraging our strong operational, technical, financial and strategic expertise to optimize the assets and pursue value-accretive initiatives
- Pursuing proactively sourced, proprietary deal flow often not visible to the broader market
- Partnering with experienced management teams with proven track records of optimizing assets through focused operational initiatives
- Differentiated, long term hands-on approach
- 15 year track record of investing and managing infrastructure assets
- Deep energy sector experience
- Extensive relationships with key industry players
- Mid-market specialization targeting essential, monopolistic assets
- Active risk management approach